After upgrading to pro it's unusable

Moderator: Ignishot

My_Rho

After upgrading to pro it's unusable

Post#1 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi.

Yesterday I've bought the standard version of GD and today I've upgraded to pro.
Since the standard was working fine the new (PRO) isn't usable for me:

It's not possible toe turn/twist the planets any longer. The only thing is to zoom in and out and watch the automatic rotation. I'm very disappointed about that - is it possible to go back to the standard version?

Ignishot
Site Admin

Re: After upgrading to pro it's unusable

Post#2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:36 am

Hi,
I've answered you by mail, it's not supposed to happen as you can guess and I have never that problem reported so far. The configuration file has been corrupted/changed for an unknown reason
The first thing to try : check your mouse options in Edit->Options->Customize ? You can click on the Default (Or Maya/Max/Blender) button to restore the default binding.
If you still have the problem, I'll explain you how to regenerate a default config file.

Hope this helps

My_Rho

Post#3 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi.

Thank you - I've checked all that and updated to the last NVidia Drivers, cleaned the cache - nothing.
Uninstalled, cleaned the cache etc., re-booted, installed again and upgraded to PRO.
After all I could work with it BUT:
sometmes the screen freezes and it happens again. And for some special resons I can't re-open saved planets... :-(

Mathias

Ignishot
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:37 am

When doing rendering with the pro dlc, if you use very high resolution, it can use A LOT of GPU memory (up to 12Gb), so, as stated in the steam page of the pro DLC, it is highly recommanded to have a high-end GPU with at least 4Gb of VRAM. It's not a problem to use more than the VRAM available on the GPU, but it swaps memory between RAM and VRAM, so this can slow down things and if you are short on RAM it may not work at all.
Beside that, activating the DLC simply unlocks some features, but it's exactly the same application and code as the regular version, it should not change anything, if you have different behaviour it's certainly due to something else.
Concerning the fact that you can't reopen saved planet, you mean that the files are not loading (meaning, they are corrupcted, certainly) or that you can't find back the stuff you've made? If it's the second case, you should see again the way the saving works in the documentation and/or on the online tutorials, because it's not simply doing a save file that will save your preset, you have to save your preset in the current file holding several presets (I know it may sound confusing at start, but it's very flexible when you're used to it).

My_Rho

Post#5 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you - I had to uninstall the app completey; after that I've cleaned all temp-files, re-booted and then installed again. It's worklng fine now... and it's a lot of fun making planets and moons.

Ignishot
Site Admin

Post#6 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Great! Glad to know that it's working fine now!

Return to “Support”