A few questions regarding Grand Designer.

This is where all off-topic talk goes.

Moderator: Ignishot

A few questions regarding Grand Designer.

Post#1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:07 am

Good morning!

Looking for landscaping software today I stumbled upon Grand Designer, and while the planet creation viewed from afar is fantastic, I mainly need it for a closer look at the landscape of alien worlds; basically aerial pictures of different parts of each planet. How well would you say the software fares in that aspect? Are there any close-up renders available I could take a look at?

Does it support custom high-res textures to be imported for different biomes/height? What about substances?

Also, is the software still being developed? I couldn't find any news besides the last few sales on steam. Is there a new sale coming up soon?

Thank you!

Site Admin

Re: A few questions regarding Grand Designer.

Post#2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 am

Thank you for your interest in Grand Designer.

You can have a look at my sketchfab page wherer you can find mainly planets but also a couple of partial terrains made with the software : https://sketchfab.com/ignishot

You can only import a existing heightmap, in longitude/latitude format, but you can't import other textures, everything is generated by the software.

The software is still in development, but I'm alone working on it and I'm developing another undisclosed tool in parallel, beside my main job. I'm currently working on a major update on Grand Designer that will be available 'when it's done', hopefuly soon. And yes, I'm not really the best on the communication side :)

There will be certainly sales at some point in the future, but I have no date for the moment.

Gil - Ignishot

Return to “General Discussion”